nei pesci ci fidiamo: Our Lady of the Visitation

Funny things, Catholic Friday fish fries, and kids. You kind of forget everything you learned from one season to the next. Like Catholic churches means hoards of kids. Once we got over the culture shock of a half dozen kids at a time trying to give directions at the same time, at the top of their little lungs to the correct door, it was time for the Our Lady of the Visitation fish fry. Wear a sweater for sure because I don't think the hall was heated and we were a little cold the whole time.
Our Lady of the Visitation's claim to fame is the belly buster fish sandwich which lived up to its name, it is huge! I ended up with a regular fish sandwich which was middle of the road. Not the best I've ever had but not bad either. The fries were a little soggy which everyone but me seem to like. They served up a runny cole slaw, its amazing how many forms it can come in, that wasn't the worst or best we ever had. After we finished eating one of the guys working walked past and asked how was everything, OK? I and I thought, yes it was OK, but that's it. I hate to slam anyone, I gave Our Lady of the Visitation 3 out of 5 fish but if you are only going to go to one or two fish fries this season it probably shouldn't be this one.

Our Lady of Visitation
Our Lady of Visitation
Our Lady of Visitation
The belly buster!
Our Lady of Visitation
Our Lady of Visitation
Our Lady of Visitation
I should add there were no beer sales at this fish fry, but they did have good deserts!
Our Lady of Visitation
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment